League of Women Voters®
of New Orleans
Make Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Redistricting 2020 Learn More
- "The League of Women Voters believes responsibility for redistricting preferably should be vested in an independent special commission, with membership that reflects the diversity of the unit of government, including citizens at large, representatives of minority groups." Louisiana Redistricting Summit, January 19, 2018. Registration information here.
CANDIDATE INFORMATION FOR THE NOVEMBER 18TH GENERAL/RUN-OFF ELECTION Learn More
- Find the Biographical Information, Answers to Questions and Videos Posted by the Candidates. CHECK THE ELECTION RESULTS
MUNICIPAL PROPOSITIONS FOR NOVEMBER 18 ELECTION Learn More
- Home Rule Charter Amendment for a "Rainy Day Fund" and Neighborhood Security and Improvement Property Tax Amendments
FALL 2017 ELECTION INFORMATION Learn More
- Information for the October 14 Municipal and Orleans Parish Elections -- Calendar, Early Voting Sites and Key to Political Party Abbreviations
GENERAL ELECTION INFORMATION Learn More
- Voting on Election Day, Link to Secretary of State Office, Voting Absentee, Primary System Description, Louisiana Election Code
WHAT IS THE CHANGE IN INAUGURATION DATES FOR THE NEW ORLEANS MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS? Learn More
- The City Councilmembers and the Mayor elected in this fall 2017 election will be inaugurated on May 7, 2018. The next municipal inauguration date is the 2nd Monday in January starting in 2022. This change in inauguration dates was approved by the New Orleans voters in the November 4, 2014 election. This transition was the result of a study by the League of Women Voters of New Orleans. You may read a summary of the transition and a complete copy of the study at Celebrate or Vote
LWVUS STATEMENT ON DACA EXECUTIVE ORDER Learn More
- Official LWVUS Statement on President Trumps Executive Order to Phase Out DACA: The League Opposes the Reversal of the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals
BASIC VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION Learn More
MORE VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION Learn More
- Voting for disabled and senior citizens, regaining your voting rights following a felony sentence, the inactive voters list, overseas voting
HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF NEW ORLEANS 1942-2017 Learn More
- Unabridged Stories Told by Individual Leaguers
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.